1 c rutabaga, diced, roasted, and lightly mashed (about 1 medium rutabaga - could substitute other root vegetable like sweet potato, parsnip, carrot, turnip, celeriac, or beet)
- Peel, dice and roast rutabaga with a little olive oil at 400* until completely soft, about 45-55 minutes.
- While rutabaga is roasting, slice scallions and mince parsley. Measure herbs and spices, and mix together in a small bowl.
- Remove rutabaga from oven once roasted (leave oven on), and mash slightly with a fork, potato masher, or ricer in a large bowl.
- In microwave or in small saucepan, heat 1/2 c quinoa flakes and 1 c water until very thick and soft.
- Add cooked quinoa flakes and cooked lentils to mashed rutabaga, and mix. Then add scallion, parsley, spices, quinoa flour, and ume/salt, and stir until well combined. It will be a thick, pasty dough.
- Place 1/3 c quinoa flakes onto a plate. Divide rutabaga mixture into 6 portions, and form each portion into a patty between your palms. Dredge the patty in quinoa flakes, and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining rutabaga mixture until all patties are formed, using more quinoa flakes if necessary.
- Bake at 400* until crisp and golden, about 40-45 minutes, flipping burgers halfway through.
- Remove from oven, and let cool slightly before serving.