1 tsp Herbamare or sea salt
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Wash and cut the sunchokes, leeks, and , and place in a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and stir to coat. Put pan in oven and roast for 45 minutes-1 hour, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and golden. Remove from oven.
- While vegetables are roasting, wash and chop broccoli, and steam until bright green and tender. Set aside until vegetables are done roasting.
- Combine roasted vegetables, broccoli, and broth/stock, and puree until completely smooth. If using an immersion blender, you can do this right in a large soup pot. If using a blender/food processor, you will need to do it in batches.
- Transfer to a large pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Dissolve 2 T of GF flour in 1/4 c water, add to soup, and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Soup will start to thicken and look more creamy.
- Turn heat down to low, and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring often. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- While soup cools, thinly slice remaining shallots. Coat with 2 T of GF flour. Heat oil in a fry pan until hot, and add floured shallots, stirring to coat with oil. Fry until golden brown and crispy, but not burnt. Remove and let cool on paper towel.
- Ladle into bowls, garnishing with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of crispy shallots. Bon appetit!