Whole Grain Amaranth Goji Berry Muffins (gluten free, vegan, low sugar) - and what's the deal with all these baked goods?
WHOLE GRAIN AMARANTH GOJI BERRY MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare muffin tin.
- Mix together flours, bran, starch, baking soda, baking powder, salt and allspice in a bowl. Whisk briskly to introduce air and make light.
- Heat water, and pour over goji berries. Let sit for about 5 minutes to sweeten water and rehydrate berries.
- In a large bowl, mix applesauce, oil, and cooked amaranth until well blended. Pour off goji soaking water into bowl with other ingredients (reserve goji berries on the side), and mix again until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, stirring only until evenly moistened. Gently fold in goji berries. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon into muffin tin, and bake for about 35 minutes at 350, until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Let cool in tin for 5-10 minutes, then remove and let finish cooling on rack.