Back when I was a vegetarian - a die hard, dedicated, well-balanced vegetarian, may I add - I would have never, ever thought that I would prepare the meal I ate tonight for dinner. I can not stress that enough. My former self would be horrified at my current self.
- Rinse liver and pat dry. Dredge in a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a heavy skillet over high flame, saute the slices in butter, flipping as necessary. Cook for about 5-10 minutes, until liver is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat olive oil, and saute onions until carmelized and soft.
- If liver finishes cooking before onions are done, keep warm on a platter in the oven.
- Serve liver hot covered with onions. I recommend eating it with a side of tasty sauerkraut. Yum!