- Wash and prepare the vegetables: Thinly slice chard, removing rib if very firm (save rib for another dish later!). Dice onion. Chop pea pods/snap peas - if using snap peas, feel free to shell and throw in the fresh shelled peas for fun texture! Dice cucumber - if your cucumber is large and the skin is tough, peel and remove seeds before chopping. If using fresh cilantro, finely chop.
- Drain and rinse beans and place in a large bowl. Add vegetables and cilantro and toss to mix.
- In a small fry pan, heat 1-2 Tbsp sunflower or other high heat oil to the smoking point, then add cumin seeds and turmeric and stir to coat with oil. Turn down heat to medium and heat until seeds start to pop. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together miso paste, olive/flax oil, apple cider vinegar, and other spices.
- Pour miso mixture over salad, then pour cumin/turmeric oil over salad as well. Stir to mix evenly and coat salad.
- Serve immediately, or for best flavor, let sit for an hour or two in fridge before serving.For a fun twist, garnish with coconut chips or grated coconut, more cilantro, or crushed cassava chips. Enjoy!